06-09-2011 10:41 AM
One of the executives I work for got this Compaq Presario CQ60 refurbished last year, and a few weeks ago the monitor is very dim at start up. I can faintly see the word 'Compaq' on the screen when it first turns on, but then the screen stays black after that. When I connect an external VGA monitor, the monitor displays 'No Video Input'.
I've tried a hard reset, and I thought previously that it might need a new inverter, but since it won't work with an external monitor either I'm not sure what it is. I can't try installing drivers or BIOS settings, because I can't access anything on the computer. My guess is that the video card is not working. Any ideas???
07-12-2011 01:05 PM
My laptop is doing the same. I did a hard reset, black screen, lights on power cord, white instead of orange on the power button, orange light / not blue on wifi button. I have replaced the mother board 6 mos after I bought it. It is now 2 years older. Any clues? Please help.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)