03-03-2010 01:58 PM
We purchased 2 HP ProBook 4510s laptops and are having a problem with the HDMI connection.
1) On laptop #1 we have an external monitor connected with a HDMI cable and we can mirror the display on the monitor but we’re not able to change the resolution. The computer also doesn’t “detect” the monitor like it does with a VGA cable. We prefer the HDMI connection for both quality and ease of use. Any ideas what we’re doing wrong?
2) On laptop #2 we have an external monitor connected with a HDMI cable that has a HDMI to DVI connector. We cannot get ant signal to display on the monitor. The monitor just shows “no cable connected”. Any thoughts on that one?
Thanks in advance for your help!
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)