Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

sorry.but i think this is not the solution.is there any possibility,that HP will release working driver or bios upgrade??

___________________________________________________________________________________
ProBook 470 G1: i5-4200M,iGPU:Intel HD4600,dGPU:Radeon 8750M,RAM:8GB DDR3,OS:Win7_Pro_x64
HP Recommended

Beleve it or not, yesterday i had someone with exactly the same problem at my house.

We've set the videocard within the bios to fixed and started the computer.
Within the device manager we disabled the Intel HD videcard and there was no screen anymore.

Everything was black! 

We pressed the power button 5 seconds untill the computer was off, followed by starting it again we opened the Catalyst Control Center and there was no option to switch anymore and every game played on the ATI Radeon card. 

Later we checked the device manager and the HD videcard was there but we beleve that the games play on the ATI becouse of the "High" FPS

Winos.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

HP Recommended

Hi! I am having the same problem with my Probook 470 G0 and I was wondering how did you managed to solve the person that went to your house problem.

I mean, in my HP BIOS the only option regarding graphics is in Device Configurations and there is a checkbox for Switchable Graphics which I think toggles that technology on or off, in practice making them Dynamic (on) or Fixed (off). The thing is that after I do that Windows (7 Home Premium SP1) does not read my ATI GPU at all! It only shows the integrated intel and some of my resource demanding games like Shogun 2 do not even want to start.

So I am curious as to how did you manage to solve the issue because you said that somehow the games worked on the ATI card because of the higher FPS even though Windows recognized only the intel graphics card?

Hope to hear from you soon because I have this laptop only from a week now and I am starting to regret the decision of buying it very much! If I cannot gett it to work I want to try to return it to the shop I bought it from although I am afraid that this will not be a sufficient reason for them to do a refund...

HP Recommended

Winos

the bios 01.02 has no option to change fixed or dynamic graphic mode!!!this release has only one option - disable dGPU!!!

this is the reason why i asked you if is possible new bios release with this option??or i can disassembly my 8750M and sell it??

___________________________________________________________________________________
ProBook 470 G1: i5-4200M,iGPU:Intel HD4600,dGPU:Radeon 8750M,RAM:8GB DDR3,OS:Win7_Pro_x64
HP Recommended

I discovered where the problem lies. It seems that the 470 laptops do not run OpenGL applications (Graphical demanding apps like CAD programs and games) on the dedicated GPU because the switchable graphics technology is not configured for them. Therefore, we are left to thank HP and AMD for releasing an unusable discrete GPU and with no support for it in the near future. If anyone has any workaround for this, please let us know.

HP Recommended

Petruts

Exactly!

We need update the bios to solve this problem.

Same as it was with these NBs: link

HP Recommended

I do not think I am going to wait. I saw in another thread that some guy waited for 2 freaking years until HP released the FIXED MODE capable bios ( he had a Pavilion G6 or G7) and no way in hell I am going to wait for these {Content Removed} employees of HP responsible for the BIOS updates to release something. What really boggles my mind is that they have already had before this problem with the G6 and G7 Pavilions and some Envys and did not think of it happening again or make the proper arrangements for it to never happen again! AMAZING!

I need my laptop now! That is why I bought it! But no worries. I have it only for a week and the online shop I bought it from has a 30 days return policy and I am going to use it!

Never going to buy a HP in my life and I will stronly advise against it. I was advised against buying laptops from this company and I took it as a matter of taste but now I see why. I am sorry I had to find out the hard way.

HP Recommended

you are absolutely right about hp support :smileyindifferent:.

HP Recommended

Funny how no HP employee or HP expert actually replied to this thread although it is 5 pages long. I wonder why?

I checked the HP sites for a BIOS update and it seems that the latest update is to F25. Ironically, this version still does not allow for a fixed mode switch for the GPUs. Unbelievable.

Without access to a fixed mode the OPENGL applications will not run properly on the ATI Card. Although the ATI Card does kicks in if you select high-performance in the Switchable graphics menu, you will not have access to the high graphical settings which means that you are stuck with using the dGPU with low settings - which is outrageous.

HP Recommended

Hello all readers, I do think that HP really *bleep*ed it up by releasing notebooks with switchable graphics to give users more battery life. It's useless to enable a GPU whithin a CPU.

The one by intel who thought of this idea doesn't want the processors upgraded becouse the place where the processor could be is filled by a low class graphics card. Useless!

Think of the following: at least HP gives you updates okay way to late but they'll give.

If you all look at my laptop with a gtx460m videocard (It was first class!)

But i didn't get updates so my complete videocard is useless now becouse every game demands a higher driver version.

That is just ridiculous. You pay for a laptop which runs the best and most demanding games of 2010 and it should run BF4  but i don't get updates. So i have a laptop which is capable of playing BF4 with ease but i don't get updates so i can't play.

But anyway, I need someone to give me details.

What happens if you set your laptop on Fixed mode in de bios followed by starting Windows got to device manager and just remove the HD4000/4600 drivers? (Yes your screen will be black.) press the powerbutton  5 secs and restart.

What happens?

Winos.

The doors of wisdom are never shut. Benjamin Franklin
&
We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right. Nelson Mandela

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.