Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello

I´m having problems with Elitebook 8460p display driver. The last version (15.28.20.64.3347) posted on 16 jun 2014 have some issues on the laptop. When the notebook is running on batteries the screen suffers from flickering and corrupted graphics, as you can see in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ1w0aOaF7A

(you can see the flickering between 0:20-0:22)

I contacted with local hp support and send me an IT guy, who changed my mainboard and CPU, but nothing worked. I tried to contact with intel for support (the issue is present with intel non-oem drivers) but they send me to OEM. I would like to have an actual driver that works with the system (3347 is a year old driver), is this possible?

This issue isn´t present at all in linux drivers, plus mainboard change i totally discard a hardware problem.

I can provide feedback for any solution provided.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Another update:

Found solution at this thread (that I started) in intel forums:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/48327?start=0&tstart=0

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hello @falken2k5 

To get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since the Elitebook 8460p is a commercial product. You can do this here Notebook - HP ProBook, EliteBook, Compaq, Slate/Tablet PC, Armada, LTE

The support page for your product may be helpful in the meantime: HP EliteBook 8460p Base Model Notebook PC.

I hope this helps!
Thank you for posting on the HP Forums.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

This is probably faulty cable , and it has nothing to do with driver , motherboard , and cpu

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with one of my clients Elitebook.

In case of faulty cable how it works fine in Linux.

In My case It works fine under Windows 7/8 default driver.

Flickering starts only when Intel-graphics-3000 driver is installed.

Any clue?

Thanks and regard.

I have not tested with previous version of graphics driver.

HP Recommended

Hi there!

Now I'm using latest intel oem driver (version 15.28.24.64.4229) with the latest HP update BIOS (F.60 Rev.A) and it seems work fine (no flickering, no corrupted graphics). It's a shame that official HP drivers does't work as it must have, but i tried to reach who actually make the drivers and it's a impossible task. And intel don't wanna hear anything related to laptop driver, they send to OEM manufacturer.

Hope this help.

HP Recommended

Hi there

Little update here. With latest version (.4229) and working in battery mode, I'm experiencing again the corruption graphics problems.

Would be nice if someone at hp can look at this problems, because with latest official hp update (sp64730) the problem is present, and is VERY annoying.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Another update:

Found solution at this thread (that I started) in intel forums:

https://communities.intel.com/thread/48327?start=0&tstart=0

HP Recommended
I have soulation
Install Intel (R) HD GRAPHIC 3000
ND THEN AFTER INSTALL
ON RESTART PC
LEFT CLICK SCREEN RESOLUTION
WIZARD CLICK ADVACE SETTING VGA PROPRTIES
SELECT MONITAR OPTION
SCREEN REFRESH RATE 40 Htz Apply ok
nd enjoy
HP Recommended
I have laptop hp Elitebook 8460p ,it not running or open windows.
When I press power button display black screen
HP Recommended

is it for window 8.1?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.