04-23-2011 09:45 AM
Hi, I have a 14 month old HP Pavilion DV7 1245dx laptop and the past few months sometimes my screen just goes black at random moments. It may go for days without happening, or happen twice in an afternoon.
The computer is still running when this happens, once I was listening to a song and it continued playing just fine. However I cannot see anything and have to push and hold the power button to turn the computer off. I have tried leaving it alone for over half an hour to see if display would return on its own but no luck. Anybody else had this problem or know what to do about it? Any idea how much it costs to fix this if taken to Best Buy or somewhere?
04-23-2011 10:12 AM
is it getting overheated??
run memory and hard drive test from BIOS
press F10 during startup to go to BIOS and then go to diagnostics menu to run the test...
//Click on Kudos if my reply was helpful and answered your question//
||-If my answer solved the problem please mark the topic as the accepted solution-||
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)