Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to connect my HP Pavilion x360 laptop (running on windows 10) to my Samsung Smart TV (6 series) to use screen mirroring. I keep on trying by using the project tab and my laptop recognizes the TV. As soon as I click the name of my TV to connect to enable screen mirroring, my TV and laptop both say loading but after a couple seconds the connection fails. Both the TV and laptop recognize each other but the screen mirroring feature doesn't work. My TV works well with other devices except my laptop. I want to know if windows 10 is compatible with screen mirroring feature of a Samsung Smart 6 series TV.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @karla5032,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with Windows 10 and Miracast compatible (screen mirror). I would like to assist you today with resolving this issue.

Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

Tardis40
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Hi, I am experiencing the same issue, the devies recognize each other and starts connecting but then I receive an error (on the Tv) video data not supported. Also a Windows 10 Hp (Probook 450 g2) connecting to a Series 6 Samsung Smart Tv.

Have you managed to figure this out?

Regards

Keraan

HP Recommended

Keraan

This is a limitation on the TV end that we can do nothing about.

TV's only recognize very limited video formats.

I regularly stream videos to my Samsung smart TV from my media server PC -- but to do that (I am using Plex Media Server), I have to instruct the server to TRANSCODE the video, in other words, transform it into a format the TV can use.

When I try to do Direct streaming (which is what Miracast is doing), I get a message on the TV (in the Plex app) that it can't use that video format.

You should look into Plex Media Server as Samsung has an app for their TVs that use this.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

it was my understanding that Miracast was a part of Windows 10, having replaced WiDi.

Is Miracast incompatible with Samsung TVs?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.