02-16-2009 12:55 PM - edited 02-16-2009 01:00 PM
Okay, I left my laptop on and open last night, and when I woke up today I picked it up and logged on like normal. I didn't get any kind of notification that new updates had been installed, yet my screen resolution looks like it is 800x600 even though the tab is set on it's normal 1280x720. I had to move the tab to 1440x900 to get it to look normal. What's going on here? Would a video driver update solve this problem?
Also, I recently installed Sims 2. Not sure if that has any affect.
HP Pavilion dv9925nr
02-16-2009 05:35 PM
windows is set by default to check every night at 3:00am for updates and it will download and install any it finds without telling you about it, causes lots of problems for folks.
do you know how to use system restore to got back a few days to when it worked ok?
and do you know how to change the Windows update settings?
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)