Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 15 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Essentially, my laptop screen stays on after it is told to turn off.

A little more description:

My laptop, as well as an external monitor (via HDMI cable), are set to turn off after its alloted time (as directed in Display settings/Power & Sleep), but the laptop screen, though it clears the screen of any display, is still on--glowing black.  It lights up the room, when the room is dark.  The external monitor turns off correctly.

Power plan is set to "HP Optimized"

I have an NVIDIA Quadro K2100M, which is set to run the external monitor (from Display Adapter Properties), but the Microsoft Basic Display Driver runs the laptop screen. I would like the Quadro to run both screens, but cannot figure out how to do that, either.

Drivers are up to date.

Any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.