Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Screen goes suddenly white when start laptop how to fix

HP Recommended

Hi trick is working but i m asking things i have to do every time?

HP Recommended

when i start my laptop its screen goes white bt when i connect my laptop to another external moniter my lappy is working good on that.. wht should i do plzzz tell me...

HP Recommended
i own a hp 2000-412NR Notebook pc my Screen turns white after i put in my passcode...i tried ctrl alt delete but it just takes me to blue screen that just tells me to lock computer change passcode start task manager n log off i tried all them n it just goes back to white screen plz help my computers new .
HP Recommended

I had the same problem, I sorted mine out, just google alwaysafix

HP Recommended

Have got white screen problem with mother-in-laws laptop, have tried:

1.  'hard reset' and there is no flashing lights
  2. Connected to desktop monitor - this goes instantly to standby, fn & f4 does nothing.

Only button with any light is f11 (wireless). There is heat near fan area - was surprised about this as it has only been on a few mins.

Now stuck.

HP Recommended
Hp pavilion dv4-2110tu all work but screen light not open
HP Recommended

Screen goes white when start laptop

HP Recommended
Control alt esc did nothing. I still have the white screen
HP Recommended

Either the OP on this thread or maybe someone somewhere else had it right....

Its pretty simple with laptops. Pretty much every mainstream laptop comes with onboard graphics, a ribbon cable that connects the onboard graphics to the screen, and the screen itself.

So, process of elimination should assist quite easily for anyone experiencing problems with their laptop screen.

Pretty much:

If your screen doesnt work, but connecting it to an external monitor does, than your internal graphics processor is FINE, meaning its either your cable or your screen.

If your screen doesnt work with either the laptop screen or an external monitor, than your graphics processor is BAD. You need to reflow your gpu. I baked mine and it worked fine, still works good.

If your screen is coming up white, then it is definitely not your gpu, so first check the cable connection and if you must, get a new cable first. they're much cheaper.

I've been dealing with these dang laptop screens for a while now... and its usually as cut as dry as i just put it.

Hope that helps.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.