11-07-2012 07:02 PM
I keep having problems with my HP Pavilion TX 1000 laptop. As I turn on the laptop, all the lights turn on and I hear the computer fan turning on but the screen stays black. I've tried everything (holding power button for 30 sec.; unplugging battery; unplugging power cord; etc.) and nothing works. I don't have an alternate cord to plug into a second computer. I need this computer for school. What can I do?
11-08-2012 10:38 AM
First let's try and remove the Hard Drive and access the BIOS if we can.
If the notebook turns on we know it's the Hard Drive if it still doesn't it must be something deeper.
Here is a VIDEO showing you how to remove the hard drive.
After you remove the Hard Drive turn the notebook back and a start tapping F10 and let me know if you see anything.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)