03-05-2011 08:31 PM
Hi, I have a HP Pavilion dv7-3165dx and all of a sudden my screen won't turn on. It was working fine earlier today, and then I try to get on it a few hours later, open it and it asks me to type in my password, which I tried to do, but it wasn't registering anything I typed, which it does sometimes, annoyingly enough, so I had to shut down and restart as I always have to do to fix that. But I shut it down, and when it went to restart, I can hear it restarting, and the lights on the keyboard light up, and the lights next to the caps lock key and above the number pad flash, but my screen never comes on. I tried numerous times with the same result. And then I turned it off, unplugged it from the wall, and left it for an hour or two, tried it again, still the same problem. I have no idea what happened as it was showing no errors a few hours prior to this. My warranty just ended a few weeks ago, go figure, so I don't know what else to do but to ask everyone for some help?? Anyone know what I can do??? Thanks in advance.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)