Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (59 Views)

Spectre x360 screen cracked!

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP Spectre x360 - 13-4109na (E
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, upon opening my laptop today I saw my screen had cracked nastily around the bottom left hinge, the crack has spread around the left sides of the screen, it might crack further if I continue to use the it. I have had to disable to touchscreen as the damage prevents it from working.

I kept my laptop in the case provided every single day, and it received no knocks. I simply opened it and saw the damage. I have seen others on your forums with the same issue. What are my options? HP says my warrenty has run out but this really seems to be a design defect, and my laptop is still being covered by European 2 year guarentee.

I can provide images if needs be. 

Highlighted
Provost
Message 2 of 2 (40 Views)

Re: Spectre x360 screen cracked!

@Tureil

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but this is just a community self-help forum staffed by volunteers. HP maintains no official presence here and we are not authorized to deal with warranty-based equipment replacement issues.  For these issues, you will need to contact HP Customer Support directly.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation