Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion g6-2030ee Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hallo my Dear

I just installed a fresh (Windows 7 64-bit) in my laptop, but i seem can't able to install the VGA Driver for it

The system has two Switchable Graphic card (intel 3000 HD, ATI 7600M HD) i downloaded the offical HP drivers for the intel card but it doesn't wanna install and shows this messege " “This computer does not meet the minimum requirement".

i tried to force installing it using other versions from the Web ,It asks me to restart my system and when i do it won't boot up again and keep force shutting down before logging in to Windows.

Please help me to fix this issue ..Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You are not supposed to install the Intel graphics driver, which is why you are getting that message.

You only need to install the AMD graphics driver from your notebook's support page which is a custom made driver that contains both the Intel and AMD graphics drivers needed to run the switchable graphics your notebook has.

Do not try to update the driver either from Intel or AMD, or the switchable graphics will not work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

You are not supposed to install the Intel graphics driver, which is why you are getting that message.

You only need to install the AMD graphics driver from your notebook's support page which is a custom made driver that contains both the Intel and AMD graphics drivers needed to run the switchable graphics your notebook has.

Do not try to update the driver either from Intel or AMD, or the switchable graphics will not work.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the fast response i will try and answer back

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

Sir 

I did what you asked me .. Downloaded the offical ATI Driver and installed it succssesfully and i checked before restarting my combuter .. it installed both drivers successfuly .. but the same issue occured when i reboot the windows .. the system is force shutting down before logging in to windows welcome screen 

now im talking with you using the safe mode and i can see both drivers installed succefully in the device manager .. i can't see what is the problem 

it seems like i rushed on clicking the "solved" button ... any suggestions ??

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer would be to back up any files you don't want to lose and reinstall W7, making sure that you install the following drivers in this order and restart the PC.

1. Intel chipset installation utility

2. AMD switchable graphics driver.

3. IDT audio driver.

It is possible that through your driver experimentation, the registry has become so badly corrupted that the operating system cannot run correctly.

If reinstalling W7 doesn't resolve the problem, it is not unheard of that one of the GPU's could a hardware issue.

HP Recommended

Dears,

i have the exact same problem, i tried to Install the drivers fro All places starting with the HP Site.

Any Help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.