Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Ok

You appear to have the same issue as me but i think your laptop is newer

Have you tried updating your bios?

At the moment you are running W3 using the onboard intergrated graphics, your card isn't activating as like mine it;s a dual card and needs a manual operation

HP Recommended

Yes, i did update my bios. I guess I have every up-to-date driver now.

The difference between us is that you have Windows 10, I have Windows 7.

The interesting fact is that really now the switchable graphics monitor doesn't see witcher3.exe (and any other game or graphic-demanding app), only those with are turned to the energy saving mode...

HP Recommended

Funny thing, I set flux.exe with is always on to max performance and AMD card still not working, but Catalyst Control switchable graphics monitor shows it's working on...energy saving GPU. What the heck is wrong with you, HP?!

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have the same problem with HP Envy. The performance of graphics was generally low but I did not really need much as it was most office work. But recently did some more and also noticed AMD not working.

I went to http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/ and tested the performance there ... and they dont see AMD - only quote predictably low performance of Intel chip.

I question I have - is there any way to simply block intel alltogether - like disable it - and only have AMD work?

I know energy efficiency will go down - but so be it?

Best regards

K.

HP Recommended

It's a pity that it seems like HP support doesn't care about us at all, they prefer to answer easier questions.

HP Recommended

@New_User1

I ran that benchmark and it says something like that at the end:

AMD R7 M340 - unable to locate attached display

Anybody, please?

HP Recommended

Czesc Dolarowy,

Here are some more forums on this one:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/probook-470-not-detecting-second-video...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/ProBook-470-switch-graphics-card/td-p/...

Looks like best bet is trying to update BIOS and see if you could than simply put Radeon as the only card used.

On the benchmark, on my Envy it does not even say "unable to locate" - it simply sees nothing 😞

Just for benefit of HP - I think this is mainly Intel fault. I had the same issue on my old Ace where NVidia was completely blind and lousy Intel graphics was the only one working.

I am thinking if you need good graphics - buy a laptop with ONLY radeon or Nvidia.

As I am in the market now - I will do some research. Unlikely this to be HP though as I found NONE Probook that would only use dedicated card - all feature Intel in addition - same motherboard all over 😞

pozdrowienia!

K

HP Recommended

I spoke with local HP phone support earlier today, they said that in BIOS I should have option to choose graphic card. Well, nothing like that is there. I'm returning my laptop to have some warranty check but the assistant wasn't optimistic about this, he even said that HP may consider it's not an issue. Yep, sure, I bought this laptop for better graphics and it's not working...no problem for HP, good one. Will update if I get to know something more.

Now I would bought another laptop, however I've spent decent amount of money on that and I can't afford buying another one. I'm not sure they would compensate my return in cash though.

edit: the assistant said maybe I should wait for BIOS update, sure, let the customer buy the thing and then let him wait in hope we will fix something that should be working at the start.

HP Recommended

I can't believe this so called 'support' still didn't answer. You do your job well, guys.

HP Recommended

FYI

The HP technician was helpless, so were the technician at some HP centre I sent my laptop to.

All I can do now is to try to get my money back.

Well-built device, HP. I have no words for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.