Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

That's nice that they swapped out units for you! Just a bummer for us who's unit is only 1.5 years old but out of warranty

HP Recommended

Why does an incorrect firmware tamper the existing firmware even though it failed to install due to incompatibility? I ended up buying an extended warranty at $340 just to have this faulty issue serviced by HP.

HP Recommended

Exactly! It shouldn't at all. That's a lot of money for a bad firmware download. I'm just really hoping I don't have to go down that expensive road

HP Recommended

The problem is solved ! 

Since yesterday is under the following link a firmware for the touch screen is available

New Firmeware for spectre x360 13 Touchscreen!

Look at:

http://support.hp.com/ch-de/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-4100-x360-convertible-pc/8499273/model...

"HP QHD Touchscreen Controller Firmware Update"  21.Nov.2016

The firmware could be installed without problems and the touchscreen was immediately available again.
The HP Active Pen 408 also works perfectly.

Greeting

HP Recommended

Hey thank you so much for posting this! I was actually just about to buy the extended warranty for $160! You saved me!

My unit is a little different than yours but the firmware update was on my driver page too. Thanks for bringing it to my attention

HP Recommended

RolfB,

BIG, VERY BIG Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

===============================

This Firmware Update solved my problem. YOU SOLVED MY PROBLEM.

Touchscreen is work now.

http://support.hp.com/ch-de/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-4100-x360-convertible-pc/8499273/model...

"HP QHD Touchscreen Controller Firmware Update"  21.Nov.2016

My notebook:

HP Spectre Pro x360 G2 <V1B05EA>

QHD Touchscreen 2560x1440

Intel HD Graphics 520

The HP Executive pen G2 is not work with this touchscreen.

P.S.

Thank you, RolfB.

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have the same problem with my HP Spectre x360 HD.

But I cannot find the firmware at the link, is is removed?

Does anyone still has the download for me?

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Is it okay to upgrade the touchscreen firmware of my Spectre x360 4102nl? Actually I've no problem with touchscreen actually.
But if it can improve the reliability would be nice.

HP Recommended
Iit wouldn't hurt but I suggest to perform installations/updates only when HP Support utility recommends them.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.