Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I just purchased a Pavilion G7 and see that it has a single HDMI interface and a single traditional VGA interface. I want to connect an HP 2511x63 25-inch LCD monitor to each of these ports; i.e., have two external monitors. Will the laptop hardware support this? Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

has this ever been confirmed as possible? I am currently trying to connect a sony external monitir on my hdmi port and an acer external on my vga port with no success. It appears that the 'extend to external montitors' feature will not acceot two externals. How I can choose either one of them at any one time. I am running a hp pavilion g7, with windows 7

HP Recommended

Hello kreeer.  I understand you want to use two external monitors.

As far as I know you will only be able to use a single external monitor on the notebook without the use of another device called a "Port Replicator."  I believe both the HDMI and VGA are the same "channel" and can't be used at the same time.

Here is a link to some examples of "Port Replicators."

I hope this helps.  If you have any questions let me know.  Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

i have a Pavilion G7 that came out with windows 8 i upgraded to windows 10 home and i am running 3 displays. have two externals monitors HP w1707'S. plus using the internal monitor. they are running in extended mode. i am using the the intergrate vga and hdmi ports. I am not using any software or and bideo card attachments. straight stock. just when you set up ur multiple displays start out  by connect your 2 externals but only configure 2.  then in windows 10 multi view configure that to extend the 3rd monitor. so to answer your question you can run a total of 3 monitors on the G7 running windows 10 without any 3rd party hardware or software

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.