Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6-1254eo Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Dear Hp Community,

I had a problem of my hp envy laptop which occurs few weeks ago and now decided to post here in hp forum because

no solution can be found on the internet. Ive done a lot of search and try but nothing happens.

I experienced that the Synaptics Touchpad doesnt work anymore. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver but i doest help. I cant even see  the touchpad  in the listof hardware and devices.  And whenever select the mouse properties it alway pops up the message like this  Unable to connect to the Synaptics Pointing Device Driver if you have installed another ps 2 pointing device driver please uninstall the synaptics by using the yes button.  You then need to reinstall your pointing device driverfor your external device again. 

In the control pannel>device manager> and show hidden device under mice and other pointing device, there is a yellow triange on the HP SMBUS TOUCHPAD.

I really need your help hp experts to solve my laptop problem. 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @topzias,,

Thank you for the update.

Would you be so kind as to post what worked for you in the public forum, where others can view it and perhaps help them?

Kudos to you and thanks in advance 🙂

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @topzias,,

Thank you for the update.

Would you be so kind as to post what worked for you in the public forum, where others can view it and perhaps help them?

Kudos to you and thanks in advance 🙂

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

Hello sir,

I manage to have my touchpad working today. These is what I did:

I type msconfig from search

On the startup tab I open taskmanager

right click the synaptics touchpad

and under compatibility tab i checked run this program as administrator then restart and works.

Anyway thank you for the help sir.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.