Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Title of update was HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)
Softpaq number: SP74326 Version F.25Ap1

HP Recommended

2 months later and I am facing the same problem again on the new Envy 13. I was told to update the BIOS to F.34Ap1 by HP Support Assistant. 

The brightness buttons and HDMI port have stopped working right after the BIOS update. I tried reinstalling the graphic drivers and a number of others with no luck. At the end I clicked on the "action log" section of HP Support Assistant and reinstall the BIOS update again and it magically fixed the problem (for now). 

Kind of ironic when HP calls it the Support "Assistant". 

HP Recommended

I just had the exact same problem - tried this suggestion of opening HP support assistant, looking at the Action Log and hitting the install button again. Worked! One thing I did different this time was to unplug the HDMI cable, all USB, etc. during the BIOS update.

After reading this comment and seeing the brightness buttons mentioned I tried mine and realised they hadn't been working either.

Windows 10 Home version 10586.164 x64

HP Envy P4X12PA#ABG

HP Recommended

I actually plugged a external hard drive and hdmi in the first time too. When I reflash the bios for the second time I unplugged all the external drive and the hdmi and it works. 

If that is the origin of the issue HP should add some sort of warning before allowing the user to flash it. 

HP Recommended

I had exactly same problem - the issue was also having the external Monitor Plugged in via the HDMI cable while flashing the BIOS.
I recommending unplugging everything except power and the mouse. Its working for me now.

HP Recommended

Disconnecting the external HDD (and other devices) may help but I have had this problem occur with no external HDD connected.

HP Recommended

Try without the HDMI cable attached - worked a treat for me.

HP Recommended

I had the same problem with my HDMI port not working after a BIOS upgrade. I went into the action log and reinstalled the BIOS upgrade with my monitor unplugged this time and the HDMI port started working again. Thanks for the tip.

HP Recommended

Thanks, had same problem today.  Used your solution and fixed it.

HP Recommended

I just had this problem as well... after two days of attempting to correct it with an HP Tech (first one wanted to put my computer back to factory mode, second one wanted to send it in for repair) , I finally figured out what the issue is.  Apparently whenever you have attached devices and the BIOS update comes from HP, it for some reason disables the Monitor and also any external speakers.  What I did to correct this issue was to unplug external monitors / speakers, reinstall the BIOS update, and then plug them back in.  Somehow this worked for me and hopefully it will work for you.  Additionally, HP should correct this issue when putting out another BIOS update on their products.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.