01-17-2011 04:52 PM - edited 01-17-2011 05:02 PM
Does anyone know how to fix the vertical lines in the monitor? The first vertical line appeared in my HP Pavilion laptop around one year ago. Since then, a new one has appeared every few weeks. A new line just appeared that is over an inch thick, making my otherwise perfectly good laptap impossible to use.
I can see that various web sites sell new monitors on-line, but I have never changed one so I'm not sure if this is difficult to do. Has anyone changed them out before? Any advice?
I see that HP had a recal on a lot of laptops that had this problem, but unfortuanately mine didn't qualify for the recal even though it has the same problem. It is obviously a manufacturers defect. HP customer service told me to call Nvidia. However, when I called Nvidia, they told me that HP actually was the manufacturer.
By the way, I know lots of people have had my same problem based on blogs I've read. Nvidia told me to check this webise: nvidiasettlement.com This will tell you if your laptop qualifies. Unfortuanately mine did not.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)