Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Reading all these posts about HP screwing over everyone with the AMD HD 6770M GPU by refusing to release updated drivers, the best advice would be to never ever buy an HP product again, especially a PC or notebook or you will end up with a $2k paperweight without updated drivers.

I am having the same issues with trying to get updated drivers for my HP notebook with a 6770m gpu, but since the last update was in 2011 I am not really holding my breath.

All I can hope for is that everyone boycotts HP until they release up to date drivers for their existing notebooks many of which are still in warranty, yet receive zero support from HP.
HP Recommended

Give this man a beer! 

I will never buy another hp product unles its pro series or they change and care more about customers. I mean even LG don't treat their consumers like this with android uptades... They provide as best as possible and those phones dont cost 1500$

HP Recommended

I again suggest that those of  you with your laptop still in warranty or extended warranty get your request for updated drivers escalated to case management.  The more of us who do that the better the odds should be that someone at corporate wakes up.  HP management seems to completely ignore their own forums.

HP Recommended

True! HP suck! AMD do too! Basically don't buy an HP notebook with and AMD GPU, just don't .. that's as simple as it gets.

@pbug56 - where/how can I have a case escalated to the proper people?

HP Recommended

2 ways I can think of.  First you have to have an open support case - easy enough to do if you are under warranty.  And of course they have to fail to get you new drivers.  Then you can ask to escalate - or find the corporate switchboard number and ask to be connected to case management.

HP Recommended

Is anyone using Win 8 and have you tried how the GPU 6770m performs there with the driver provided for W8x64 v9.002.0.0000 of 2012 (at least thats the driver HP provides for my HP HP Pavilion dv7-6b76eo)? If you have tried it please share some feedback on how the GPU performs! Any issues or instabilities? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

HP Recommended

Hey quess what, I just installed windows 8 dreamspark (for students). And just downloaded the latest amd drivers 13,25 beta 9,5 and it works GREAT !

No kidding here is a little proof 

amd.jpg

HP Recommended

Anyone else to confirm that, please?????

@xcwajdax - how did u get 13,25 beta 9,5. The latest I could get from amd.com is for Win 8, not for Win 8.1, and the driver is 13.12 and the beta is 13.11. What's your PC model and where did u download the drivers from?

HP Recommended
Sorry I misslead you its 13.11 beta 9.5 for Windows 8.0
HP Recommended

@xcwajdax  - NP! Is your GPU 6700m exactly or just 67xx (something something).. Cos mine is 6770m but the drivers for 6700m work as well on Win7

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.