Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Spectre x360

Will the HDMI port work for video input to the x360? If not, how can I input video from other devices such as DVR's?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Good Day! Thanks for reaching out to the HP community. I understand that you require information to input the DVR HDMI to the X360 notebook. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you with this. Smiley Happy

Stupendous description of the issue before posting.  Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy It is always a privilege to work with tech-savvy gentlemen like you. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. We greatly appreciate you for doing business with HP. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the complete model# of the unit to check the complete product specifications of the computer.
  • What are the input and output ports on the DVR?

To answer you question, in a nutshell, the HDMI port on the X360 is an HDMI output port and videos cannot be input from the DVR.

However, an HDMI output to  USB input converter or adapter could do the trick for you.

I would suggest that you contact the DVR manufacturer in this regard who will have a better idea to guide you in the right direction.

These steps could help, though.

How to Connect a DVR to a Computer:

Connecting a Digital Video Recorder to a computer requires a cable equipped with HDMI (High Definition Media Interface) cables on both ends, or an HDMI connector on one end and RCA-type audio/video jacks or a USB connector on the other end, depending on the available connection ports on the DVR. Regardless of the cable you use, the connection is fast and you'll be recording to the DVR or uploading content to the computer in a few minutes.

Step1

Attach an audio/video cable to the back of the DVR. If using an HDMI cable, simply align the prongs from the cable plug with the jack on the DVR and attach securely. If using RCA-type plugs, insert the red and white audio plugs into the red and white audio jacks (right and left, respectively) on the back of the DVR.

Step2

Attach the other end of the cable to the computer using an HDMI connector or USB port.

Step2

Power up the equipment and wait for the computer to display a "found new hardware" message, then follow the prompts to launch your software for downloading DVR recordings to the computer, or uploading data from the computer hard drive to the DVR.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you always. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Good Day! Thanks for reaching out to the HP community. I understand that you require information to input the DVR HDMI to the X360 notebook. It will be a genuine pleasure to assist you with this. Smiley Happy

Stupendous description of the issue before posting.  Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy It is always a privilege to work with tech-savvy gentlemen like you. Smiley Happy You are a valued HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. We greatly appreciate you for doing business with HP. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Please let me know the complete model# of the unit to check the complete product specifications of the computer.
  • What are the input and output ports on the DVR?

To answer you question, in a nutshell, the HDMI port on the X360 is an HDMI output port and videos cannot be input from the DVR.

However, an HDMI output to  USB input converter or adapter could do the trick for you.

I would suggest that you contact the DVR manufacturer in this regard who will have a better idea to guide you in the right direction.

These steps could help, though.

How to Connect a DVR to a Computer:

Connecting a Digital Video Recorder to a computer requires a cable equipped with HDMI (High Definition Media Interface) cables on both ends, or an HDMI connector on one end and RCA-type audio/video jacks or a USB connector on the other end, depending on the available connection ports on the DVR. Regardless of the cable you use, the connection is fast and you'll be recording to the DVR or uploading content to the computer in a few minutes.

Step1

Attach an audio/video cable to the back of the DVR. If using an HDMI cable, simply align the prongs from the cable plug with the jack on the DVR and attach securely. If using RCA-type plugs, insert the red and white audio plugs into the red and white audio jacks (right and left, respectively) on the back of the DVR.

Step2

Attach the other end of the cable to the computer using an HDMI connector or USB port.

Step2

Power up the equipment and wait for the computer to display a "found new hardware" message, then follow the prompts to launch your software for downloading DVR recordings to the computer, or uploading data from the computer hard drive to the DVR.

Hope this helps.   I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you always. Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @ClydeS1,

I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. I genuinely hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. It has been an absolute privilege to have shared this platform with you.Going by the troubleshooting and copious diagnosis and investigations conducted by you, I am sure Sherlock Holmes couldn't have done any  better. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Do take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead.:)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.