Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp envy 14k011tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop is Hp Envy 14k011tu. It has an intel graphics 4400u graphic card which is pretty bad for gaming. I wanted to upgrade it. So can anyone suggest som egud graphic cards under 100$. 

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Mehul_Mishra

Sorry, but you are operating under a misunderstanding.  Your PC is a laptop and, unlike desktops, it does not use graphics "cards".

Instead, it uses graphics "modules" -- and what makes these different is that they involve the graphics chip being soldered to the system board.  This means you have to take the entire PC apart to replace the system board just to change the graphics chip.

This would have to be done at an HP Service Center-- which means it will easily cost you several hundred dollars, possibly more than replacing the laptop in its entirety!

========================================================================
I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Mehul_Mishra

Sorry, but you are operating under a misunderstanding.  Your PC is a laptop and, unlike desktops, it does not use graphics "cards".

Instead, it uses graphics "modules" -- and what makes these different is that they involve the graphics chip being soldered to the system board.  This means you have to take the entire PC apart to replace the system board just to change the graphics chip.

This would have to be done at an HP Service Center-- which means it will easily cost you several hundred dollars, possibly more than replacing the laptop in its entirety!

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.
---------------------------------------------------------------
If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on my post to say thanks.
If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.