Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I just restored a DV-4270us laptop for a client after a hard disk crash. The recovery disks I ordered from HP were useless. I then installed a generic Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS. I installed the HP MediaSmart Webcam Software  from the support website,but it had no effect. What else needs to be downloaded to make the webcam work. Is there a generic driver? My client only wants to use Skype.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

Please find the link given below might help you to resolve your issue.

Fixing Webcam Problems in Windows 7

Let us know how it goes!

"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

Regards
Manjunath
HP Recommended
Went through all of that. No help. Because it is a generic Win 7 install, there are probably several drivers that are needed. The HP MediaSmart Webcam Software alone didn't have any effect.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended
I will try the suggestions in the link you sent. I am thinking that maybe since there are several MediaSmart drivers in the multimedia driver list on the support page, that I may need several or all the drivers listed. Right now I am using none of them because of installing a generic OS . The webcam driver by itself did nothing.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.