01-26-2012 11:49 PM
My webcam has not been operational for the past week. I own an HP pavilion dv7-3174nr. It is kind of odd because it was working fine for a long time. I have not downloaded any software when the issues started occurring and I continue to get a message saying: "HP mediasmart Webcam cannot connect to you webcam (HP webcam). Try selecting another capture device within settings, or close any applications that may be using this webcam and restart HP webcam".
- located the USB webcam under "imaging device" in the "device manager"
- updated the driver software multiple times from "device manager"
- enabled/disabled multiple times
- Uninstalled and reinstalled
- downloaded and installed driver software online
- uninstalled HP mediasmart webcam
- reinstalled HP mediasmart webcam
- Restarted my computer countless times
- "Scanned for hardware changes" in the device manager window
- Tried "Run as administrator" option by right-clicking hp mediasmart
- and even tried uninstalling/disabling the USB controllers in the device manager window.
The USB Webcam IS found in the device manager window.... but It won't connect in the HP mediasmart webcam application. I've tried uninstalling things I'd think would also use the application, but to no avail. Please please please help me.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)