12-06-2009 10:34 PM
I have a HP Pavillion DV4 with windows vista service pk 2, not sure if it makes a difference but my anti virus is Bit Defender Total Security 2009.
My camera was working fine on a video call through Skype, not it has stoppd working, it operates on its own but as soon as i click video call it shows 'searching for video'.
Skype say its an HP problem.
Can you offer an suggestions?
12-07-2009 11:18 AM
Please uninstall the webcam from device manager (It would be under imaging device)
After uninstalling, please download and install the driver from the link below:
Hope this will fix the issue.
12-07-2009 04:45 PM
If the webcam is working outside of Skype, I don't think it is an HP problem_but a Skype issue. Have you checked the settings or options in Skype to be sure HP Webcam is still selected as source?
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)