Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
TM2T-1000
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I upgraded my TM2T to Windows 10 and I love it. About a month or 2 ago I had to reset my PC and Windows 10 deleted my touchsmart software (Which was working fine before the reset) I have been looking high and low for the place to download. I looked up my computer on the support site and it isn't listed under my laptop just bump top.

Any help is appreciated

Thanks much!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @LadyinFL15,

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

I have read your post and see that the touchscreen is not working correctly on your HP TouchSmart tm2t-1000. I want to help you resolve this issue.

First, please perform a hard reset. Once that is complete, please follow this touch screen troubleshooting document:

HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10)

The drivers should be part of the graphics drivers for that notebook.

I look forward to your reply!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

You misunderstand, my touch screen is working just fine. I'm looking for the TouchSmart software like Touchsmart recipies, webcam, notes, etc. I can't find anywhere to download them. 

HP Recommended

Hello @LadyinFL15,

Thank you for the reply!

My apologies for misunderstanding, I now know what you are looking for is the HP TouchSmart Software Packages. As you have found, the software is not on your product driver page.

Did you create recovery media, or backup data when you got the computer, or before you updated to Windows 10?

HP PCs - Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive

HP PCs - Backing Up Your Files (Windows 7)

If you did, the software will be on that media.

If not, you are able to obtain recovery media from HP.

Contact HP Worldwide

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Recovery discs are pointless as my laptop does not have a cd rom
HP Recommended

Hello @LadyinFL15,

HP does not have this software available on the driver site as this time. The best way to get the software is from recovery media. In this case, since there isn't a CD drive in your PC; a USB drive or external disk drive will be needed. Whether you created a USB recovery when you got the computer or with another computer, you can transfer the files from recovery disks to a USB.

If you are not confident in completing these steps and still wish to download the software, please call into HP Support.

Contact HP Worldwide

I work on behalf of HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.