Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@adrynalyne wrote:

Let me do the math here.

August, to October....

Hmmm, one month you say?

Oh sorry 😄

HP Recommended
yes. that's just bad service.
HP Recommended

But I'm still optimistic.. 😞

HP Recommended
Well, what about the Dell situation, anyone knows something?

I searched a little with no results. They are not giving any clues to their customers, like HP... or they released some Beta drivers like Lenovo?...

I'm thinking on buying Samsung next time.
HP Recommended

leaving aside windows 8 driver....they have not even bother to update windows 7 driver....last time they update my ati radeon 6470M driveer was in November 2011.....its almost 1 year now.....

HP Recommended

And the last drivers updates for HP G42 373BR (that I bought 6 months ago) was 2 years ago.

HP must be kidding.

HP Recommended

@[quote]KingpinEX wrote:

I am a computer science student and I have a final, legit, fully activated windows 8, and I would think my less than one year old pc would have some sort of support for new software drivers, I mean this is windows! it’s not drivers for some random software, its windows drivers, all this business just makes me feel bad about the choice I made.

HP is big enough to be able to release beta drivers.

Looks like lenovo is better for pros and students.[/quote]

well said, totally agree with every single word

HP Recommended

@ashkan6160se wrote:

@Chaand wrote:

has this problem been solved by the HP support yet ?

Windows 8 has finally been released, officially ...

so when will we get the switchable graphic drivers ????

No, Microsoft has not released win 8 officially for END USERS. All the editions you find at microsoft.com are release previews. Also, MSDN is a place where microsoft puts new edition of win in for developers in order for them to get familiar with the structure of new win. I think the final release date is in October.

Yes, Microsoft has released Windows 8 to end users of companies with Software Assurance and Developers with MSDN subscriptions also have access to the same Windows 8. Microsoft just hasn't released Windows 8 to the general public until the end of October. We currently have access to the full version of Windows 8 Enterprise, but I can't deploy it to my workstations because HP doesn't support Windows 8 yet and the Windows 7 drivers don't work completely.

HP Recommended

@ASIITGuy wrote:

@ashkan6160se wrote:

@Chaand wrote:

has this problem been solved by the HP support yet ?

Windows 8 has finally been released, officially ...

so when will we get the switchable graphic drivers ????

No, Microsoft has not released win 8 officially for END USERS. All the editions you find at microsoft.com are release previews. Also, MSDN is a place where microsoft puts new edition of win in for developers in order for them to get familiar with the structure of new win. I think the final release date is in October.

Yes, Microsoft has released Windows 8 to end users of companies with Software Assurance and Developers with MSDN subscriptions also have access to the same Windows 8. Microsoft just hasn't released Windows 8 to the general public until the end of October. We currently have access to the full version of Windows 8 Enterprise, but I can't deploy it to my workstations because HP doesn't support Windows 8 yet and the Windows 7 drivers don't work completely.

Yes. Exactly. But I couldn't convince these guys 😄 Would you please convince them? 😄

HP Recommended

ashkan6160se wrote:

No, Microsoft has not released win 8 officially for END USERS.

ASIITGuy wrote:

Yes, Microsoft has released Windows 8 to end users.

Just saying... 

{Content Removed}

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.