08-31-2010 04:47 PM
I have a Compaq Presario CQ61 notebook which I have only had for a few months.
Today I have tried to use video chat on MSN but I have a message that appears which tells me Youcam cannot connect to my Webcam Hp 101 and I need to capture another device in the settings or close any applications that may be using Youcam.
I don't have any other programs running and when I look for another device to capture within the settings only the Webcam Hp101 is listed.
I'm not very good at this computer stuff so if there is anyone out there who can offer a glimmer of hope It would be gratefully received and appreciated.
Unfortunate, there is no silver bullet, based on the information we have here... we will need to do some digging to find out what has gone wrong....to start with, can you check in device manager if HP webcam is listed under imaging Devices?
At the same time, Here is link, that will guide you thru some basic troubleshoot related to this issue as well...http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02452221
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with 'Accept as Solution', if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)