03-28-2012 06:43 AM
i have a hp pavilion dv6 64 bit operating windows 7. i cant play games or watch media bc of adobe flash player wont install on my pc. any solutions would b a great help?
03-28-2012 06:52 AM
Try the following.
First, download the relevant Flash uninstall utility on the link below and save it to your Desktop.
When the download has completed, close all browser windows and run the uninstaller. After this has completed, restart the notebook.
Next, download and install Firefox and then using Firefox, download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash. Note: You may want to deselect the option to include McAfee Security Scan Plus before downloading.
Close all browser windows before running the Flash installer.
Launch Firefox and see if videos etc play Ok in this browser - if they do, close Firefox, open Internet Explorer and click on the same Adobe Flash link above to get a prompt to install the ActiveX component. When done, restart Internet Explorer.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)