09-21-2011 08:45 PM
hp g71-329wm is my notebook and i have a black screen. I connected it to a monitor and i see my desktop,i also see the backlight is working, what can be the problem?
Some tell me it the lcd inverter. Where is it located?
Thx in advanced
09-21-2011 10:14 PM
A possible Inverter board issue, However can you update the latest BIOS for your notebook and also update the graphics driver for the unit?
Try to get into the BIOS (by tapping F10, during boot) and check if you are able to see the BIOS screen.
If there is still no display, the unit needs to be sent in for a repair.
You might want to check the following link:
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
09-22-2011 11:09 AM
I an unable to see the BIOS screen when I am connected to an external monitor, but I can see the backlight is working. Can you give me a part number for the inverter and where it is located on the notebook?? Is it under neath the keyboard?????
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)