Question

Student
Message 1 of 6 (818 Views)

change back screen resolution to 1600 x 900

[ Edited ]

Please let me know step by step how to get my screen resolution back to 1600 x 900 and how to get the screen to fit the entire page of the laptop screen...thanks {Personal Information Removed}

Provost
Message 2 of 6 (811 Views)

Re: change back screen resolution to 1600 x 900

Please identify your notebook/pc .

Look at the base/rear/side of the notebook/pc at the barcoded sticker.

Post items numbered 1 and 2 on the following example of an HP notebook's barcodedimage. Your barcode may be slightly different but will still have the important imformation needed for us to help you.  

###Do not post the serial number as it is personal information.###
c01931836.gif
Post the installed operating system version ( and whether it is 32 or 64-bit ) and whether the CPU is an AMD or Intel product

Not posting all of the information as requested will delay our responses and slow troubleshooting of the issue that led you to author a thread.

Is your notebook/PC still within its warranty period?

Best regards,

erico

If you would like to say thanks, just click on the thumbs up icon.

If your problem is solved, please click the Options link in the post that resolved it and then click on the "Accept as Solution " button
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (227 Views)

I have a Pavilion desktop with AMD II X2 215 Processor 2.70GHz, 4 GB ram, 64 bit Windows 10 OS. Using a HP 2009M 20" monitor. On windows 8 & 8.1 everything worked great. Downloaded Windows 10 upgrad and lost the ability to set display resolution to 1600 X 900.

Is Windows 10 not supporting 1600 X 900? Is there a work-a-round? If not, do I need to purchase a new display adaptor, display or both?

Thanks!

Joe

Provost
Message 4 of 6 (222 Views)

jojohns1775 wrote:

I have a Pavilion desktop with AMD II X2 215 Processor 2.70GHz, 4 GB ram, 64 bit Windows 10 OS. Using a HP 2009M 20" monitor. On windows 8 & 8.1 everything worked great. Downloaded Windows 10 upgrad and lost the ability to set display resolution to 1600 X 900.

Is Windows 10 not supporting 1600 X 900? Is there a work-a-round? If not, do I need to purchase a new display adaptor, display or both?

Thanks!

Joe

This is most ikely to be a video driver issue.

What is the product number for the desktop PC?

Look for the service sticker on the rear or sides.

If your problem is solved, please click the Options link in the post that resolved it and then click on the "Accept as Solution " button
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (215 Views)

It is the Pavilion a4317 c-b PC Bundle, originally shipped with Windows 7 Home Premium. I installed Windows Ultimate and as mentioned most recently updated to Windows 10 Pro.

Hope this answers the question, thanks!

Joe

Provost
Message 6 of 6 (211 Views)

Your desktop is a bit too many generations behind the current PCs.  

AMD has not produced any drivers for your graphics solution for quite a few years.

I would really reconsider this if I were you. Upgrading an older Generation PC isn't really worth it when you never know when the motherboard will decide to quit. 

You may be able to workaround it by installing a more modern PCI x19 video card. You would also need to upgrade the PSU to give yourself a six pin PCI-e power comnector for thevideo card upgrade. Be sure and choose one that has a downgradeable vBIOS. You need one that does noe have a UEFI BIOS. MSI does make video cards with a built in analog switch specifically to help with compatibility.   

Another big issue  you face is that there are no chipset drivers available from AMD for Windows 10 for your Narra motherboard. It has a older chipset that has not been manufacturered for a while.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation