Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Okie dokie. Thanks.

Btw. How come I am described as a student?

I am a 51yo consultant
Steven Heath
Sydney, Bali and Mysore
HP Recommended

Very dissappointed to see so many others are having the same problem and HP not covering this "Accidental Damage".

This is not Accidental; this is inferior quality and design.

HP - standup and admit it and repair my Envy x360 cracked display.

HP Recommended

Just came home from being gone for the weekend and found a crack in my screen.  Sitting on my cushioned couch with no use.   Any resolutions for us?

HP Recommended

Ah, so this is chronic of the Spectre x360 series. Now I don't feel so crazy.

I just opened my computer late last week to find a hairline crack near the upper left corner of the display. Didn't do anything to it (just left it on a table when I went to work) and the next time I looked at it there was a small fracture. Don't recall ever seeing it before because it crosses a little bit into the viewable area.

It sounds like they're probably going to deem this "my fault" and make me pay the $250 to get this repaired.

You guys are just SWELL.

HP Recommended

Thats what seems to have happened with everyone else on here.

If you're in UK, progress your complaint via Resolver (which I suspect will also ultimately fail)  [Content Removed]

Good luck

HP Recommended

Sadly, I'm in the US. I know you guys in the UK have better consumer protection options than we do here.

I sort of like being in good company, though. All of us getting screwed at the same time, feels cozy.

HP Recommended

@Always-Liked-HP @weberhaus @SolidSonicTH

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I gave up. I bought an HP Accidental Damage service plan. It's slightly less expensive than the part and I highly expect that this will happen again because of the unsatisfactory materials used to build these screens.

I can't believe I'm actually rewarding you for this. I guarantee that I will be taking full advantage of your services to get my money's worth out of this. I want HP to pay for this garbage.

Utterly unacceptable. I would gladly take legal action to not only have this fixed via recall but also to have the necessity of buying a service plan for something that is clearly your responsibility refunded.

If anyone's planning to litigate in the US, do let me know.

HP Recommended

I also have an HP spectre x360 with cracks! I was wondering if/where people were able to get their laptop repaired for a reasonable price? Please any help is appreciated, I need my computer for work. 

HP Recommended

@MZhang358

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.