Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 15-d035 notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

greetings,

I have youcam 5, which worked fine even after the windows10 upgrade last year. Recently the cam just stopped loading on chat sites, although the cam still works on the pc for vids and pics. I went to the cyberlink site and updated to the most recent version:(5.0.5118), but still the the "loading" circle endlessly spins. I can't broadcast anymore.

I'm considering downloading HP's mediasmart cam, is that a wise move?

any help appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, @zenliono

Thanks for the update & appreciate your efforts 🙂

Could you please tell me what application are you trying to use the webcam for? Is it a web-application using a web-browser or is it an individual app like Skype? Please specify.

The reason I ask is because the cam seems to be working fine, and the issue seems to be with the app or the browser. Hence, to isolate the issue further, please try these steps:

1) If you are using a browser based chat, try it on a different browser. i.e, If using Internet explorer, try Google chrome or Mozilla Firefox and vice versa.

2) If using an app like Skype, first try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and check. Also, try using webcam via web-browser. e.g., try facebook messenger or some other chat apps and check the functionality.

These test will help us narrow down the issue! Let me know!

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello, @zenliono – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for joining the HP Support forums! I would glad to be of your assistance 🙂

I see that you are experiencing issues while using the YouCam with the online chats applications. I found a wonderful document which will help you fix this issue.

Go to http://hp.care/2fw1oby and follow the steps under “Video does not display in your webcam software (such as YouCam, Skype, Messenger, etc.)”

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

The document was very informative, thanks. Unfortunately it did not help my particular problem.

I updated youcam, restarted, and made sure it uses Windows Media Viewer. The only video source is HP truecam.

I went to Device Manager and found the Imaging device is working properly and doesn't need an update.

still can't broadcast online. perhaps I have a gremlin. I'll check hp.com for upgrades. I like youcam and want to keep it, good thing since MediaSmart software looks like a hastle.

I have no USB video drive, never needed one before. I'm at a loss.

HP Recommended

Hello, @zenliono

Thanks for the update & appreciate your efforts 🙂

Could you please tell me what application are you trying to use the webcam for? Is it a web-application using a web-browser or is it an individual app like Skype? Please specify.

The reason I ask is because the cam seems to be working fine, and the issue seems to be with the app or the browser. Hence, to isolate the issue further, please try these steps:

1) If you are using a browser based chat, try it on a different browser. i.e, If using Internet explorer, try Google chrome or Mozilla Firefox and vice versa.

2) If using an app like Skype, first try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and check. Also, try using webcam via web-browser. e.g., try facebook messenger or some other chat apps and check the functionality.

These test will help us narrow down the issue! Let me know!

Have a great day 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

You were right about the problem being in the browser. The webcam now works with all web applications.

I'm embarrassed to say how simple it was, here's what I did:

Click the windows icon, click settings, go to privacy, click the camera tab, under "let apps use my camera", click ON. Also check the microphone tab, that was off too.

A very silly oversight on my part.

You were quite helpful DVortex, thank you! Thumbs up and accepted as a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.