10-20-2010 05:17 PM
HP dv9000 laptop Webcam wont start up anymore. It keeps saying "creation of video preview failed. please check the device connnection and make sure that the device is not being used by another application or user."
It worked fine a few months ago. I haven't used it in a while but I think its a driver. I've got all the updates and still no luck.
10-21-2010 04:52 PM
I'm having the same issue. DV9000 built in webcam will not work. I use it regularly. It worked two days ago, but stopped working yesterday. No imaging devices show in Device Manager.
01-12-2011 04:09 AM - edited 01-12-2011 04:10 AM
May be there is something wrong with the inverter. That did happen to me too. In the last couple of days i had trouble with my screen and i moved the lid up and down, while i was doing this i saw that the webcam light was flickering on a specific position of the lid and the windows sound was to hear, like the one when you plug in a usb device. Try this and watch foe the light and the sound if you have found the position go to device manager and the webcam should be on it.
From now on i have to flip my laptop over to look at the camera.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)