03-03-2012 02:31 PM
I have a new hp pavillion g series laptop less then 60 days old. I canot get it to play my dvd's. It has Cyberlink Power DVD pre installed. It won"t recognize my dvd in the drive. Can't get it to play from the drive list either. Suggestions? Do I send this back?
I've tried reinserting the disc as well as resatring it.
03-03-2012 06:13 PM - edited 03-03-2012 06:14 PM
Regardless of what software you use to play you DVD the title of the movie (I am assuming it's a movie) will show up in "Computer"
If you have tried several DVD's and you can't see the title in computer, then you may conclude that the drive is faulty.
Have you tried Windows Media player, that's capable of playing a DVD, but not a Blu-ray.
I don't have allot of faith in Cyberlinks software.
If it's Power DVD10 then there is an update for it. Save the update to the desk top and install it from there, not from a temporary folder. Restart after the update is installed, load the DVD by using the button on the drawer and let Power DVD load it automatically with out opening the program.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)