05-06-2009 10:18 AM
05-06-2009 05:44 PM
Sounds like it could be an issue with the ribbon cable that connects your video output to the LCD screen.
Restart your notebook and tap F10 to boot into BIOS and see if the issue persists.
05-07-2009 06:15 PM
I booted into the Bios setup. I still see the green highlights in the Bios setup (green cursor location and scroll bar). I did not mention previously that I have an entirely green screen during a normal bootup. The flickering green dots continue. Thanks for your help.
05-08-2009 09:12 AM
I have exactly the same problem. The flickering goes away in about an hour each time, after the computer warms up. But it comes back after the notebook has been turned off for a few minutes.
I have an HP Pavillion dv9700.
Am very much interested in a solution other than sending back to HP for two weeks for a repair.
05-09-2009 06:08 PM
Yeah, if the issue changes when you move the screen, it's definately the ribbon cable.
That's an issue that is only solved by repair of the notebook, it's a hardware problem.
Call HP Total Care if you are under warranty or take it to a local service center.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)