11-28-2011 02:50 PM
1. First thing I would check: the cable itself, what is its HDMI version, you may need 1.3 or above ? What is your TV (brand, model) ?
2. With the right cable, please try these steps
(a) Turn OFF both TV and laptop
(b) Connect cable both ends
(c) Turn ON the TV, use TV menu to accept signals from PC (laptop)
(d) Turn ON the laptop, go to Display you should see TWO screens (1 and 2), select the TV
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
04-25-2013 07:56 AM
I have an HP G60 and an ACER 32" TV, HDMI used to work effortlessly, at some point not sure how or why it stopped working. Same TV, laptop and HDMI cable, all I can think of is maybe a driver update from either windows or nvidia.
At this point the laptop says it is connected (even displays the make/model #) of the TV but no display, I have tried all settings eg. display 1, display 2, extended, clone etc but nothing works.
Any ideas that could solve this?
04-26-2013 11:03 AM
04-26-2013 02:17 PM - last edited on 02-23-2017 05:45 PM by OscarFuentes
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)