Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 15-u010dx x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I 've been trying to increase my dedicated video memory in BiOS but I can't seem to figure out how to do it or if it's even possible. Any Ideas will be greatly appreciated, It's currently set to 128mb and thats pretty much useless for most games now adays. I read somewhere that games will run better if you increase it.  

When I do scans on my computer that check compatibility for games, dedicated video is always the only issue.

Product name: HP ENVY 15 x360 PC

Product number: G6T84UA#ABA

Video Card: Intel HD Graphics 4400

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Simply say: you can't. System will automatically allocate/assign available system RAM to graphics up to max supported. By the way, that machine is not a games machine. If you wish to play games on laptop, please set aside around $2,000.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Simply say: you can't. System will automatically allocate/assign available system RAM to graphics up to max supported. By the way, that machine is not a games machine. If you wish to play games on laptop, please set aside around $2,000.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I know it's not a game machine, I dont have 2 grand to throw down on a new computer. Hense why I came here looking for solutions. Thanks for the reply

HP Recommended

hey i had toshiba with less ram (4GB) and it could run some games and your telling me this hp 12GB ram cant now  how do tweek the 128mb were not rich this the only computer that counld fit in my buget and a cant buy a new one

HP Recommended

How the hell is this an 'accepted sollution' ?
Seriously, your answer is to spend $2000 and buy a new laptop?
What a waste of space

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.