04-13-2009 09:03 PM
04-14-2009 12:49 PM
ATI HD3200 is an embedded Graphics Controller using part of the system memory space as its own Video memory. Sometime it calls Shared Memory space, UMA ( Unified Memory Architecture ), Integrated Graphics Controller and etc.
In your case, it is pre-allocated with 256MB for its video memory.
There is no need to assign more RAM memory for your ATI HD3200. Your ATI Graphics Driver is equipped with a driver feature called HyperMemory to dynamically assign additional system memory when the Graphics Controller requires more than the pre-allocated memory space.
In another word, the Graphics Driver will request additional system memory space for the Graphics Controller to perform the task when the OS or application requires more than 256MB. This additional system memory space ( temporary ) is called HyperMemory. This HyperMemory space will be released back to the OS or system whenever the Graphics Driver no longer requires it for its Graphics Controller.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)