Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

Hi!

My laptop is a HP Pavilion Dv6 LW264UA#ABA

The OS Windows 7

Apparently it has a little camera on the top that says "HP TrueVision HD" at the top but I can't find any instructions on how to use it.  I would like to videos up on Youtube. Please help! Thanks.

Also, the keyboard is so sensitive - I try to type something and it just files off so that I end up typing elsewhere. I've had to correct myself 3 times while typing this because my words would type somewhere else? Is there a way to fix that?

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

The software to activate your webcam is Cyberlink Youcam. If this is not available on your system, you can download it from here

Also to fix your keyboard issue, Install HP Support Assistant from here and install latest updates(mainly touchpad drivers,BIOS) necessary for your system. 

//Click on Kudos and Accept as Solution if my reply was helpful and answered your question//

I am an HP employee!!
HP Recommended
I believe I have the same laptop, for me it's the touch pad that makes my typing go to random places (I really hate that), but I have a mouse, so I turn off my touch pad by double tapping the top-left corner of my touch pad. If an orange light comes out of your touch pad, it's turned off.
HP Recommended

how cam i open my cam on my laptop?

HP Recommended

my laptop is HP TrueVision HD how can i sue

HP Recommended

Hello yna.  I understand you want to use your webcam.

You should ensure that the Cyberlink YouCam software is installed and then launch the application.  Here is a link to the download.

Have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

I have had this laptop for awhile and I would like to talk to some friends in the Philipines

HP Recommended

Hey

I am hving problem with turning on my camera, HP Truevision HD. Please help me out.

HP Recommended

hello,

i have the syberlink youcam software but when i open it ,it shows green screen.

even when i open any video stored in my computer or downloaded,it shows green screen ...

what should i do...plese recommend me

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.