07-09-2012 12:46 AM
hello!! i own a hp pavilion dv6-3121tx which have switchable graphics so is there any way to disable the switchable graphics because i only use my laptop for playing games with charger connected
07-09-2012 01:12 AM
Hope this helps:
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
07-09-2012 01:32 AM - edited 07-09-2012 01:36 AM
If you only use if for games with the power adapter connected, then you have no need to automatically switch to the power saving GPU.
Right-click an empty place on the desktop and select configure switchable graphics.
Take the tick mark out of the box that says "Automatically select power-saving GPU when on battery".
Select the High Performance GPU and then click on apply at the bottom right side of the window.
Now you should see the High Performance GPU as the current graphics processing unit in the Switchable Graphics Status.
If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)