12-19-2010 04:21 PM - edited 12-19-2010 04:29 PM
I left my computer hibernating and plugged in to charge for about 11 hours when I turned it on the screen began to flicker back and forth between high brightness and the lowest dim. The brightness buttons don't work anymore when i press the dim button the flickering speed increases and when I press the bright button the flickering decreases but it still flickers. This only happens when its unplugged. When its plugged the flickering only happens about once every minute but the bright and dim buttons don't do anything. This laptop is 3 months old, I haven't tried anything yet does anyone know what might be the problem?
12-20-2010 03:21 AM
It can be a hardware issue.
Have you tried to update the video driver?
Pavilion DV2922TX, XP-SP3 32bit, Intel T5750 2.0Ghz, Nvidia Geforce 8400M GS with 128MB, 4GB 667 DDR2, 250GB HDD
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)