05-01-2014 09:13 PM
A friend of mine bought a new HP Envy m7-j020dx laptop.
The touchscreen is starting to show some problems. It flickers and turns blue, red or fuzzy. The text on the desktop is very hard to read. I tried to connect it to an external monitor using an HDMI cable. The display on the external monitor is crystal clear while the display on the LCD screen is very unbearable to the eyes. As of this writing, the display turned blue.
What should my friend do to remedy or fix this problem? The laptop was bought last November 2013 and is still within the manufacturer's warranty period.
05-06-2014 12:12 PM
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Notebook and getting a blank or fuzzy screen on startup.You can do a system restore. Try to turn on the computer you start to press F11 repeatedly till the menu opens. When performing a restore please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices. If that does not help please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you are calling within North America, the number is 1-800-474-6836 and for all other regions click here. They will be happy to assist you.
I work on behalf of HP
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)