Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, Paul. Unfortunately, that didn't work for me. 

It's strange because I restarted the computer and things were working fine. I restarted again, and it was back to weird. I decided to just shut it down and when I booted it back up, it was good. I told my wife (who uses it) to just leave it on because restarting might revert back to the messed up display. As long as it's on and the battery doesn't die (or Windows does an update), we should be good to go.

HP Recommended

Hi, have you had any success on this problem.  I am having exactly the same problem with my dv2000

HP Recommended

I would like to know if you know how to fix the microphone on HP Pavilion dv2000 laptop? I don't know how it stopped working but when I try to video chat the other personcanot hear me, I can hear them fine.

the scrooling thing in mouse pad also doesnot work,when i speak withut headphone during video chat...the other person canot hear me though i can hera them from external speaker,,,Can you help me? Thanks 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I just upgrade my HP DV2130US from Win XP to Win7. Somehow, I cannot mute the audio button from the keyboard. It does show mute audio(bottom right icon) when I press the button but the audio sound still does not mute. Can someone help?

HP Recommended

hello mr.paul.could you please help me to find the video driver for hp pavallion dv2000 with mobile intel 945 express chipset family.i had windows xp but just yesterday i installed windows 7 32 bit and screen looks dull and yellowish in color and no proper brightness.in xp it looks good.also have anoter problem.when i touch the mute touch button,it doesnt mute it.so could you please help me to find windows 7 video driver?thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to use the W7 32 bit graphics driver directly from Intel at the link below.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18223&lang=eng&OSVersion=Windows%207...

If you have any other 'bugs" you need to work out of the system on Windows 7, I recommend you read this unofficial dv2K Windows 7 upgrade guide at the link below.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/Windows-7-Upgrade-Guide-for-dv2...

HP Recommended

I'm looking at following in your path. Apart from the screen issue you describe, just how well does this machine run on Win7? I am a little surprised that a Vista-released machine is not being supported under Win7 but if Network, Sound and USB all behave themselves, then it will make a nice little Skype box and pseudo-NAS.

I can understand your frustration over hardware not being named properly in the device manager. I've encountered this many times, particularly with sound drivers. There are over 1000 generically called "AC97" yet one is almost required to completely disassemble a machine in order to establish which chip so that the correct driver can be downloaded.

PS: I don't trust those "automatic" driver update utilities either!

HP Recommended

Hp Pavilion dv 2000 audio treiber thx

HP Recommended

@jaa2309 wrote:

Hello All,

New to the group. 🙂 So I recently installed Windows 7 on my HP Pavilion DV2000 and need an updated display/video driver. My screen doesn't look very focused and I am missing a few options like brightness amongst others. HP says that it will not be updating any drivers for this model when using Windows 7. Does anyone know where I can get this driver so I am able to see the screen correctly. I tried checking in devices for the video card manufacturer but all I see is a generic description. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

HP Recommended

:Wink:  well guys here is the good news for you! i have the right and perfect drivers for your hp dv2000 laptops.  perfectly working with out any issues in windows 7 32bit or 64 bit. 

http://gestyy.com/qGsIgy

just skip the ads after a few seconds and you will be redirected to the link you are looking for to download the drivers you are looking for. :smileywink::smileywink: a simple thanks will be much appreciated

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.