08-14-2011 04:44 PM
whenever i boot up my lapto (hp pavilion g7 1019wm) the screen is mostly black. if i hold it under the light just right i can faintly see the start up logo. i purchased it just a couple months ago, around the middle of May. This is the 3rd time it has done this! The first couple of times it came back on after a day...but this time it has been out for 3. I tried a "hard reset" that seemed to work for many people...but no luck for me. Tried contacting HP but couldn't understand anyone and they couldn't even get my last name right...
08-14-2011 08:58 PM
You are facing a backlight issue with LCD screen of your Notebook. The reason for this is your LCD inverter mosf of the time. You have to contact HP in order to send it in for repair
I am an HP employee!!
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)