Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv6-7172er

Help!!

Camera is not working = (

2 days nazat camera stopped working .. A lot of talking on Skype ... is very much needed!
YouCam - stood by the program. I deleted it now!

tell me what to do to set it?!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Established a program ...
And the cables into the camera! Maybe it's workmanship?
As long as it works!

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

Hi,

Download and install the latest version of the HD webcam's  Cyberlink YouCam driver software that is available on the web support portal for your notebook. You can also install it from within  Windows with the Recovery Manager by clicking on the Reinstall Drivers and Applications option and choosing the CyberLink YouCam application and then the install button.

You can test your webcam by using the search files and folders box. Type in "cam" and an icon called "Web Camera Application"  or "CyberLink YouCam" (if installed)will appear. Click the appropriate icon and then you will be able to either take a photo or record a video.

-erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Established a program ...
And the cables into the camera! Maybe it's workmanship?
As long as it works!

HP Recommended

What do you mean by "established a program"?

-erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hi Guys,

My Cyberlink You Cam is not working. I tried to update the driver, restart the laptop and also re installed the software. But still its not working. Please let me know what can be done.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello sid25,

I see that you are problems with the webcam on your computer? I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv6t-7000 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC  is my laptop make and model. It some times does recognise the camera while sometimes it doesnt recognise the camera. I use Cyberlink YouCam.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps that may help with the webcam issue. Follow the steps in the link and let me know what happens.

If the steps don't resolve your issue I would suggest looking in the device manager and searching for the webcam under imaging devices. Let me know if the webcam is listed in the device manager.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

I have already tried these links , nothing works. I realise that there is always a message saying USB not recognised and then I check the webcam , it doesnt work. Whenever this message shows up , webcam stops working. Do you know why this happens ?

HP Recommended

There could be a physical problem with the webcam connection.

Is the computer still under warranty? If not this video may help if it is a physical connection issue with the webcam.

Signature

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.