07-31-2012 09:21 AM
A white screen is usually a problem with the LCD panel or cabling. I would try a hard reset, if that doesn't work I'd recommend having the unit serviced.
To Perform A Hard Reset
- Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for 5 seconds); (if the computer doesn't power on, move to the next step)
- Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.
- Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook. There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.
- Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.
- Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)