04-14-2011 12:46 PM
After shutting down my computer on restart the screen would not display anything although the laptop would run and I could here the logon screen. After resetting a number of times and letting it sit shut off for a while, the screen worked again. I keep the laptop on most of the time, just in sleep mode and had absolutely no problems until it restarted for a windows update after about a week of being on standby with intermittent use. Now i have the same issue where the screen is backlit but does not display anything.
I am able to connect it to a tv with an HDMI cable and everything seems to work, I just cannot get the display to appear on the notebook.
Tried hard reset (remove battery, ac, hold power 60sec etc), update bios, system recovery. Nothing has seemed to work.
Its about 1.5 years old (and of course out of warranty)
Any help would be appreciated.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)