07-16-2013 05:01 PM
The laptop (HP G62) starts but screen is black. Caps Lock light blinks. I connected the laptop to an external monitor but monitor was also black. What could be the problem? Can someone help? Thanks.
07-17-2013 10:16 AM
07-18-2013 11:26 AM
Thanks for the reply. I tried to follow the recommended procedures without any luck. Hard Reset did not work. The followin actions can not be performed because the screen is black.
- Perform general EFI troubleshooting tasks
I tried to
but this link does not work. Any method for resetting BIOS relying on messages on screen will not work because of black screen. I opened the bottom pannel of the laptop (HP G62-340US) and wanted to reintall the button battery to reset BIOS as recommended by one previous post but could not find where the little battery is located.
07-23-2013 08:48 AM
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)