01-10-2011 12:29 AM
I just downgraded my 210-1170 to windows xp professional.. i am experiencing a video problem with the windows xp driver provided by BOTH hp and intel online support.. the netbook uses an in intel graphics accelerator 3150.. after downloading both the intel and hp provided drivers for the 3150.. the setup utilities appear to complete correctly but nearing the end of completion.. when the utilities attempt to initialize the video hardware.. the screen blacks out with a blinking cursor for approximately 6 seconds.. then the screen refreshes very quickly.. you can catch a split second glimpse of the desktop. and the screen goes black and stays black.. after restarting the machine.. the windows xp logo appears.. and then the screen goes black and stays black at the point the welcome screen should appear.. starting in safe mode boots the machine with no problem and the desktop is displayed fine.. removing the driver installation also allows the machine to boot normally.. what is the deal here?
02-24-2011 08:43 PM
Same thing with HP Mini 210-2070nr.
It looks like XP cannot recoginze screen at that occasion, 'cause there is output signal on VGA port...
If anyone has some solution please help.
- Troubleshooting display brightness (Windows8, Windows7 and Widnows Vista)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Green Screen and Other Video Playback Issues (Windows 10)